1. GENERAL PROVISIONS
The terms used in this document are of the meaning as follows:
Controller(otherwise referred to as “Baseus”, “us” or “we”) – term used to jointly refer to:
Shenzhen Baseus Technology Co., Ltd
Building B, Baseus Intelligent Park, No. 2008, Xuegang Road,
Gangtou Community, Bantian Street, Longgang District,
acting as a joint controllers within the meaning of the GDPR.
Representative–representative of the controller, which is BOHAN HE. The contact information is as follows:
email: email@example.com: Sliedrecht, Brouwerstraat 18,3364BE Sliedrecht
- GDPR- Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation).
- User(otherwise referred to as “you”) - a natural person who uses the website for your own purposes, consisting in reviewing the website, creating an account on the website, using the services or purchasing products offered by us.
- Website– a website operated by us, via which you may, among others, purchase our products, contact us, etc.
3. CONTACT WITH CONTROLLER
Whenever you have a doubt or question regarding the processing of your personal data, you may reach us:
- via e-mail: [firstname.lastname@example.org]
- via online form placed on the Website under the link: [Contact Us]
4. PROCESSING OF YOUR DATA
- Is it necessary to provide your personal data?
The personal data within the meaning of the GDPR are any information which, on its own or jointly with other information, allow to identify you, directly or indirectly. Baseus may process your personal data in connection with usage of the Website.
You provide us with your data when using the Website, including when reviewing the Website, searching for products or registering on the Website . Providing data is voluntary, but necessary for you to use the Website, as well as to achieve other goals. You may refuse to provide us with your personal data. However, such refusal may result in inability to enter contractual relation with Baseus (e.g., inability to place the order).
In some cases, your personal data will be processed after obtaining your explicit consent. You may, at any time, withdraw the consent granted by contacting us via chosen channel as provided in §3 above.
- What categories of data do we process?
While using the Website, we may collect (and process in the manner as described below) your personal data, such as:
- contact data and login (e.g., name, surname, e-mail address, phone number)
- location data, however only restricted to the country level in case you did not make a purchase
- shipping address
- billing data (e.g., bank account number, address, tax number)
- technical data (e.g., IP address, device ID number and information, information on operating system and/or search engine used)
- statistical data (e.g., way of usage of the Website, history of purchases)
- data saved on your account (e.g. purchase history, wishlist, unfinished purchases
- the contents of your communication with us (eg. via contact form, livechat)
- the contents of your rating and comments on our website
- profile name and profile contents in case you use the social plug ins (eg. Facebook, Instagram) available on our website
- your preferences and settings for website display (as collected by cookies – please refer below)
- For what purposes and how long Baseus process your personal data?
We process your data for the following purposes:
|Purpose of personal data processing||Legal basis for personal data processing||Retention period*|
Usage of website by the users – non-registered and registered Users (including review of our products posted by you on our page)
|Our legitimate interest being providing the users with necessary functionalities of the website, as well as providing the users with complex information on our products (including reviews of the products by other users) – article 6 (1) (f) of the GDPR||As long as it is necessary to fulfil legitimate interest of a controller|
|Your consent to analyzing user behavior and creating a forecast for the future, which is designed for displaying content to the user in accordance with his individual preferences and interests of the user – article 6 (1) (a) of the GDPR||Until you revoke your consent, but in any case, not longer than 1 years after your visit on the website.|
Account management & order handling:
· Usage of website by registered Users (creation and operation of an account, etc.)
· Completing the transaction between you and Baseus, including processing of your order, delivery of orders, customer support, payments, processing of returns etc.
· Data processed with relation to review of our products posted by you on our page
· Carrying out internal statistics, analysis, customer satisfaction surveys, market surveys and other similar activities
|Performance of a contract or taking steps at your request prior to entering into a contract - article 6 (1) (b) of the GDPR||Until you decide to no longer use our Website by deleting the account, or after 3 years after your last login – whichever occurs first|
|Compliance with a legal obligation (e.g., arisjng from tax, custom or accounting law) – article 6 (1) (c) of the GDPR||Time period arising from relevant legislation (e.g., tax provisions)|
|Our legitimate interest being providing the users with complex information on our products (including reviews of the products by other users) – article 6 (1) (f) of the GDPR||As long as it is necessary to fulfil legitimate interest of a controller|
|Our legitimate interest being enhancement of offered services, customer service and website functionalities via analysis and statistics - article 6 (1) (f) of the GDPR||Until you decide to no longer use our Website by deleting the account, or after 3 years after your last login – whichever occurs first.|
Contact between you and Baseus (e.g. via contact form), including handling of your complaints, questions and requests
|Our legitimate interest being ensuring the highest level of customer service – article 6 (1) (f) of the GDPR||3 years from the last electronic contact or use of the Website|
Marketing activities, presentation of tailored advertisements and offers (including our newsletter)
|Your consent to receive marketing content and to adapt as precisely as possible products and services offered on the Website to your preferences or the preferences of larger group of customers – article 6 (1) (a) of the GDPR||Until you revoke your consent, but in any case, not longer than 1 years after your open last communication received from us.|
Maintenance, management, preservation and other related works on the Baseus’ websites
|Our legitimate interest being provision of the proper functioning and maintenance of the Website and ensuring the safety of its use – article 6 (1) (f) of the GDPR||As long as it is necessary to fulfil legitimate interest of a controller|
Management of claims:
Establishment, assertion or defence against claims
|Our legitimate interest being legal necessity of proving facts and providing proofs in case of claims against or raised by Baseus - article 6 (1) (f) of the GDPR||The period prescribed by law depending on the type of claim or legal proceedings (until the time limit provided for the claim under applicable laws expires)|
* Indicated periods of data retention (storage) may be extended if it is necessary to further process the data in order to defend or pursue legal claims. In such event, we will process data for the duration of the proceedings in the case in question.
Please note we may use your data for profiling for marketing reasons, but we will not use your data to conduct automated decision-making.
- How long will we process your personal data?
We may process your personal data on the basis of the legitimate interests until our legitimate interests are fulfilled, or until you object to such processing. We will handle the data processed for other purposes for the period required by applicable law on, among others, taxation and accounting. In the absence of the provisions of such laws, we may process personal data for the duration of the contract and after its termination - for the period no longer than statute of limitations of potential claims. For detailed information please refer to the table in point III above.
- How we disclose your personal data?
When necessary, we may disclose your personal data to the following categories of recipients:
- service providers, supporting us in daily operations (e.g., delivery, logistics, storage services, payment processing services or IT services providers)
- other companies within Baseus group, when it is necessary to fulfil our obligations towards you
- regulatory authorities, courts or competent authorities (upon their request in order to comply with applicable standards and laws or to safeguard their rights and interests)
- entities providing advisory services to us (e.g., our insurers, lawyers, tax advisors and other advisors when necessary)
- entities involved in formal proceedings (e.g., restructuring, merger, acquisition, or a bankruptcy or liquidation proceedings)
- postal service providers / courriers
To some extent, Baseus can also act as a joint controller together with professional companies located outside of EEA, in particular when using their business tools (to the extent of data necessary to use such tools). You may find relevant information regarding rules of processing of such entities under the links provided below:
- Meta Ireland (Facebook platform): https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy
- Pinterest: https://policy.pinterest.com/pl/privacy-policy
- Twitter (Twitter platform): https://privacy.twitter.com/en
5. TRANSFER OF DATA
Baseus is based in the People’s Republic of China. When using the Website, you provide your data directly to the company outside of the European Economic Area.
In the course of our operation, we use support from professional companies in the IT field (e.g., Google). In such case, your personal data might be transferred outside European Economic Area (EEA), in particular to the United States of America or other country, in which the company cooperating with us maintains tools for processing of personal data.
We transfer personal data outside the EEA only when necessary, and ensuring an adequate level of protection, primarily through the use of safeguards approved by the European Commission being standard contractual clauses issued by the European Commission for cross-border transfer of personal data. You may obtain a copy at: https://commission.europa.eu/law/law-topic/data-protection/international-dimension-data-protection/standard-contractual-clauses-scc_en.
6. YOUR RIGHTS
You have a number of rights related to the protection of the personal data we process about you. Please be aware these rights may be subject to certain limitations arising from the specific provisions of the GDPR and other related data protection laws, depending on the purpose and legal basis of the processing.
On the grounds of the GDPR, you are granted the following rights allowing you to control your personal data and related processing activities:
- Right of access: you have the right to request from us to access your personal data and receive a copy of them. The first copy is free of charge (for subsequent ones, we may impose a fee in the amount resulting from the administrative costs).
- Right to rectification: you have the right to rectify your personal data if it is incorrect or incomplete.
- Right to erasure orrestriction of processing: you have the right to request deletion of data or limitation of data processing. If the correctness, legality or our need to process your personal data is questioned, we will limit the processing of your personal data to the minimum necessary (storage), and in appropriate cases we will process it only for the purpose of establishing, pursuing or defending claims or, if necessary, for the protection of another natural or legal person, or due to other limited considerations resulting from applicable law.
- Right of object:you have the right to object to processing, if the data is processed in order to implement a legitimate interest, and your objection is justified by a special situation, which will result in us ceasing to process your personal data, until we prove the existence of valid legitimate grounds for processing, overriding the interests, rights and freedoms of the data subject, or grounds for establishing, pursuing or defending claims;
- Right to data portability: you have the right to request data portability, if the data is processed on the basis of consent or for the conclusion or performance of a concluded contract, and the data is processed in an automated manner.
- Right to withdraw consent: you have the right to withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data by us at any time (without prejudice to the lawfulness of the processing performed on the basis of consent before its withdrawal).
To some extent you may exercise your rights directly on our Website (e.g., by amending incorrect data). In other cases, to exercise your rights, please contact us at via chosen channel as provided in §3 above.
In addition, if you believe that processing of personal data performed by us is not compliant with the applicable personal data protection provisions, you have right to lodge a complaint with a personal data supervisory authority. The list of data protection authorities within the European Union can be found at: https://ec.europa.eu/justice/article-29/structure/data-protection-authorities/index_en.htm.
7. FINAL PROVISIONS
We reserve the right to update and change this Policy at any time. In this case, we will publish changes to the Policy through our Website. If any substantial amendments will be introduced to this Policy, we may notify you using different channels e.g., direct notification via e-mail.
This Policy enters into force on [2023/08/15].